The Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau recently honored a group of area leaders selected based on their passion for OKC and ambassadorship for the destination.
The Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau recently honored Hometown Heroes, a group of area leaders selected based on their passion for OKC, leadership in the industry, collaborative spirit and ambassadorship for the destination.
“These honorees have gone above and beyond in their industries to develop OKC as a first-class destination and have worked tirelessly to create an excellent visitor experience,” said OKC CVB President Zac Craig.
The Hometown Hero awards were bestowed upon 14 individuals and organizations that have supported and promoted Oklahoma City tourism. Awards were presented to the following:
- Jonathan Veal – Built 2 Bridge
- Shannon Brown – Marriott
- David Ebert – IEEE Computer Society 2022 Visualization Conference
- Heartland Payment Systems
- Chad Huntington – Bricktown Water Taxi
- Chef Andrew Black – Culinary Edge Concepts
- Oklahoma City Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Kari Watkins – Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum
- David Jackson – OSSAA
- Cattlemen’s Congress
- Scott Wells – Remington Park
- Tim O’Toole – Oklahoma State Fair
- Cathy O’Connor – COalign Group
- Roy Williams – Greater Oklahoma City Chamber